Flexible Solutions Home Care recognizes that with our increasingly aging population non-medical home care will provide an essential benefit to America’s senior population. Non-medical home care can be the ideal choice for seniors who need some assistance with daily activities, but enjoy the comfort and independence that comes from living at home. To that end, we concentrate on providing highly trained caregivers to provide services to seniors that aren’t in need of skilled nursing or medical care. Numerous studies have proven that seniors that are afforded the opportunity to remain in their own home and maintain their independence thrive much more than the alternative, being placed in a nursing home, or assisted living environments.
Our non-medical home care services include:
- Provide support, friendship and socialization;
- Overall monitoring of well-being;
- Encourage and assist in participation with social activities such as games, exercise classes, community events, and hobbies;
- Assistance with corresponding with family and friends;
- Alzheimer Care;
- Respite Care for family members;
- Hospital Sitting;
- 24 Hour Live-in-Care;
- Meal preparation and menu planning;
- Light housekeeping;
- Assistance with pet care;
- Shopping and errands;
- Transportation to doctor’s appointment; religious services; visits to friends and family; dining out, movies, sporting events, beauty shops and barbers.
Often times, family’s share the responsibility of caring for a senior, but family caregivers also need times of respite, and non-medical home care can provide that relief on a recurring or as-needed basis. Since no two people are the same, non-medical home care services are provided in a customized plan that can be as simple as a few hours a week of companionship, to 24 hour or live-in care! Call us at Flexible Solutions Home Care to inquire about our non-medical services.
Flexible Solutions Home Care recognizes the fact that certain illnesses and afflictions are more common to seniors. Therefore, we provide special training to our caregivers on communicating with persons who have Alzheimer’s and related Dementia, Hearing Loss and Aphasia, which ensures a higher level of care for our clients. If nursing or full home healthcare services become necessary, we can refer you to an appropriate home health care agency.